A Wonderful Letter’ is J Rocc’s first full-length studio album on Stones Throw since 2014’s ‘Beat on Tap(e)’.
The album pays homage to the city of Los Angeles and the profound impact it’s had on J Rocc’s music career.
The album features several collaborators, including Stones Throw labelmates Steve Arrington and The Koreatown Oddity, as well as LA underground icons Egyptian Lover and Budgie.
J Rocc has been a centre of gravity for the LA beat scene for over 20 years, and a staple of the Stones Throw roster for nearly two decades. In addition to numerous mixtapes and his own productions for Stones Throw releases, J Rocc has been the DJ for Madlib’s live shows since the early 2000’s, was the third member of Jaylib (Madlib and J Dilla) during the group’s live events, and collaborated with Madlib on ‘Beat Konducta Vol. 5-6: A Tribute to J Dilla’.
1. Welcome Everyone
2. L.A. Anthem (feat. LMNO & Key Kool)
4. No Bad Drugs
5. Love & Dope (feat. MED)
6. The Changing World (feat. The Koreatown Oddity)
7. Keep on (Yeah)
8. Flawless (Raw) (feat. Frank Nitt)
9. Flawless (Smoothed Out) (feat. Budgie)
10. All I Wanna Do (Remix) (feat. Steve Arrington)
11. Commercial Break
12. Pajama Party (feat.The Egyptian Lover)
14. Dancing With The Best
15. The End (N.T.P.)